Friday, December 21, 2012

A Merry Mini Christmas Dollhouse...

My friend Lita was visiting and while looking at some of my miniatures she said, "You should make a Christmas house!" I couldn't believe I hadn't already thought of that. I had just purchased this dollhouse from a sweet lady named Shunya and I promised her I would treasure it and make good use of it. I've spent more time decorating this little house for Christmas than I have my own house. I think the kids understand. :) I love how it turned out and want to share it with you.
 
 Soooo...here's my Christmas dollhouse! 




 
 I tried to think of every detail...
 

 


 
 


Come on in and take a look around...


Welcome to my mini kitchen...




 
 
I have a real kitchen tree that looks just like this.
It has oven mitts, gingerbread men, wooden spoons
with icing, and my favorite - the teddy bear with a
a rolling pin, an apron and a chef's hat.

 
I made all of the sweets in the house from polymer clay.
 



 
 
 
The Dining Room...




 

This tiny Nativity scene is only an inch long.
I painted Mary and Joseph with a toothpick 
and made the barn from wood scraps and moss.







 
Come into this cozy little den...
 



 
I have a collection of Santa boots, and I just happened
to find a miniature one...which of course is my favorite!
 




 



The Master Bedroom...



 
I made all of the mini artwork, pillows, and bedding.
(So now you know what I've been doing the last 3 weeks!)




 

This is what my real bedroom floor looks like before Christmas -
wrapping paper and ribbon in the floor.

The Nursery...




 
The little boy's room...
 



This little pillow matches the tree skirt.
 

 
 


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Have a wonderful Christmas and
a Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Bárbara said...

una casa perfecta !!!! felices fiestas !! :)

Unknown said...

Just...amazing..beautiful..my mind is reeling from how wonderful;)

Jennifer D said...

Perfect! I just can't believe how perfect it is.

Do you use scrapbook paper for wallpaper?

Maria Ireland said...

Wow fantastic house. Thank you for the wonderful tour I really enjoyed it. So many beautiful details. Happy Christmas to you and yours.
Hugs Maria

Unknown said...

Wow! That's an amazing house! Great work! Thanks for sharing these images
Jo

Johnni said...

I love your Christmas house! so much attention to detail. I wanna live there:) you have a wonderful vision!!
Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!

Lori said...

This is just beautiful! So Very detailed!

Jackie said...

Anna your house is so beautiful! One of my daughters has the exact same dollhouse! A Greenleaf I believe? But yours is so lovely decorated, every little detail you put into it, the food, the presents, that darling teeny tiny baby doll beneath the one tree in the living room! And the trees in the nursery and all the other rooms - incredible job you did there! I keep looking at your photos in amazement! And the outside of the house - simply stunning, and so very real!! Thanks for sharing!

Mini hugs! xo
Jackie

Lindsey said...

Newest follower! I LOVE the Christmas dollhouse! I also have no clue how you make so much stuff... so fast! I have been working on the same tiny dollhouse for the past several years now.

Also, your adopted daughter is super cute (especially with the goggles pictures!) I am adopted too so I have a special place for other adoptees and their families. :)

toddlindsey.com

Unknown said...

Anna, Your Christmas Dollhouse is Exquisite! Amazing detail as always :-) Its so Beautiful Hun! It really brings out the Christmas Spirit you are so talented!!! Hugs XX Catherine

Unknown said...

Hi there! I came across this post in search of some help. I was recently given an old unfinished dollhouse that looks exactly like yours! I was hoping to refinish it and give it to my daughter for Christmas. I originally thought it was the Painted Lady Dollhouse by Real Good Toys but noticed that the front porch, doors, and windows are all slightly different. My problem is this poor abandon house came with no windows or doors... the frame is complete with walls but is missing a lot of parts. I was hoping you know the name of this dollhouse or the company it was purchased from. Any help you can offer would be great! Thanks! Teresa (teresamarietucker@gmail.com)