Friday, February 18, 2011

{The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich}


I had lunch at a cute little place in Mountain Brook, Alabama, called Olexa's. I looked over the menu and something caught my attention. "The Ultimate Grilled Cheese." Ahhh... comfort food. It was served with a bowl of yummy tomato soup and I have to say that it was the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had! I couldn't get this sandwich off my mind, so I experimented and got pretty close to the original. Here's my version...

The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich

1 loaf of really good bread
(I used Italian Five Grain Bread from Publix)
1 block of Cheddar cheese
1 block of Monterey Jack cheese
1 jar of Pesto (the magic ingredient)

 

~ To make it easy, I used Campbell's Tomato Bisque soup.


~ Slice the cheese.


~ Butter the outside of the bread.


~ Spread the pesto.
~ Layer the Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.


~ I used a panini sandwich maker.
~ If you don't have one you can use a non-stick skillet.


~ Garnish the soup with a dollop of sour cream
and a little parsley.

     Dip your sandwich in the soup and you'll
have the Ultimate Grilled Cheese experience!
..................

No comments: